We are a REC Certified Solar Professional. What does that mean to you?
A REC Certified Solar Professional (RCSP) is an individual who has received certification from the Renewable Energy Certificates (REC) Registry. The RCSP certification is awarded to professionals who demonstrate their knowledge, skills, and experience in the field of solar energy.
To become an RCSP, individuals must pass a rigorous examination that covers a broad range of topics related to solar energy, including solar system design, installation, and maintenance, as well as the financial and regulatory aspects of solar projects.
The RCSP certification is widely recognized as a mark of excellence in the solar energy industry, and it demonstrates a professional’s commitment to staying up-to-date with the latest technologies and best practices. It also provides assurance to customers that the RCSP is qualified to design and install solar energy systems that meet high standards of safety, quality, and efficiency.
If you’re experiencing problems with your solar panel system, a proper evaluation is necessary to determine the cause and find a solution. Here are some of the considerations we evaluate for a solar panel repair:
- Inspection: A visual inspection of the panels, mounting structure, and wiring is conducted to identify any obvious damage or malfunctions.
- Test the panels: The output of each panel is measured using a specialized meter to determine if there is a problem with an individual panel or the entire system.
- Check the inverter: The inverter is the component that converts the DC power from the solar panels into AC power for use in your home. If the inverter is not functioning properly, it can cause problems with the entire system.
- Check the wiring: Any loose or damaged wiring is repaired or replaced as needed to ensure a proper electrical connection between the panels and the inverter.
- Check the mounting structure: If the panels are not securely mounted, they can move and cause damage to the wiring and other components.
- Provide a diagnosis: Based on the results of the inspection and testing, a diagnosis is provided to you, along with a recommendation for repairs or replacement if necessary.
It’s important to have a professional like Expert Electric conduct a solar panel repair evaluation, as incorrect repairs can cause further damage to the system or even be dangerous.