We are a REC Certified Solar Professional. What does that mean to you?
A REC Certified Solar Professional (RCSP) is an individual who has received certification from the Renewable Energy Certificates (REC) Registry. The RCSP certification is awarded to professionals who demonstrate their knowledge, skills, and experience in the field of solar energy.
To become an RCSP, individuals must pass a rigorous examination that covers a broad range of topics related to solar energy, including solar system design, installation, and maintenance, as well as the financial and regulatory aspects of solar projects.
The RCSP certification is widely recognized as a mark of excellence in the solar energy industry, and it demonstrates a professional’s commitment to staying up-to-date with the latest technologies and best practices. It also provides assurance to customers that the RCSP is qualified to design and install solar energy systems that meet high standards of safety, quality, and efficiency.
Solar installation is typically performed by a team of professionals that includes electricians like Expert Electric. Electricians play a crucial role in installing solar panels, as they are responsible for connecting the panels to the electrical grid and ensuring that the system is properly wired and grounded. They also install electrical equipment such as inverters, charge controllers, and battery systems.
The specific steps we will manage for your solar installation include:
- Designing the electrical system: Expert Electric will design the electrical system based on factors such as the size of the solar panel array, the location of the panels, and the energy needs of the home or building.
- Installing the panels: Panels will be installed on the roof or other location, securing them in place with brackets or other mounting hardware.
- Wiring the panels: Your Expert Electric electrician will run electrical wires from the panels to the inverter, which converts the direct current (DC) electricity generated by the panels into alternating current (AC) electricity that can be used by the home or building.
- Installing the inverter: We will install the inverter in a location that is easily accessible and protected from the elements.
- Connecting to the electrical grid: Next we will connect the solar system to the electrical grid, ensuring that the system is properly grounded and meets all electrical codes and standards.
- Testing and commissioning the system: Finally we will perform a series of tests to make sure the system is functioning properly and will commission the system, which means that it is now ready for use.
It’s important to hire licensed and experienced electricians like Expert Electric for your solar installation to ensure that the system is installed properly and is safe for use.