Landscaping with outdoor lighting can add beauty, safety and functionality to your home or business, increasing its curb appeal and resale value. It’s important to work with Expert Electric to make sure all factors are considered in your landscaping project.
- Electrical codes: We will ensure that the installation complies with local and national electrical codes, which establish standards for electrical safety and ensure that the installation meets minimum standards for electrical performance.
- Power source: We will determine the power source for the lighting system, including the voltage, amperage, and phase. We will also make sure that the power source is adequate to supply the necessary power for the lighting system.
- Circuit protection: The electrician should install a circuit breaker or fuse to protect the electrical circuit from overloading. This is especially important in case of a short circuit or other electrical problem that could damage the lighting system or cause a fire.
- Ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs): If the lighting system is installed in a wet or damp location, such as near a pond or fountain, the electrician should install GFCIs to provide additional protection against electrical shock.
- Wiring: The electrician should ensure that the wiring used for the lighting system is suitable for the intended purpose and complies with electrical codes. The wiring should be sized correctly to handle the power demand of the lighting system, and it should be protected from physical damage, such as by being run underground in conduit.
- Switch placement: The electrician should determine the best location for the switch to control the lighting system, taking into account factors such as accessibility and ease of use.
- Lighting fixtures: The electrician should choose the appropriate lighting fixtures based on the intended purpose and design of the landscape, taking into account factors such as brightness, color, temperature, and energy efficiency.
- Electrical outlets: The electrician should install the necessary electrical outlets to support the lighting system, taking into account factors such as accessibility, location, and electrical load.
- Testing: The electrician should test the lighting system and its electrical connections to ensure that everything is operating properly and safely before it is put into service.
Overall, Expert Electric will ensure that the landscape lighting system installation is safe, meets electrical codes, and operates reliably and efficiently to meet your needs as a homeowner or business.