A kitchen remodel is one of the best return on investment you can make in your home, and preparing it fully for the power need both now and in the future ensure a functional and beautiful result.
When performing a kitchen remodel Expert Electric will take the following considerations into account:
- Electrical codes: The electrician should ensure that all electrical work complies with local and national electrical codes, which establish standards for electrical safety and ensure that the work meets minimum standards for electrical performance.
- Power source: The electrician should determine the power source for the kitchen, including the voltage, amperage, and phase. They should also make sure that the power source is adequate to supply the necessary power for the kitchen appliances and lighting.
- Circuit protection: The electrician should install circuit breakers or fuses to protect the electrical circuits from overloading. This is especially important in case of a short circuit or other electrical problem that could damage the appliances or cause a fire.
- Ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs): If the kitchen has a sink, the electrician should install GFCIs to provide additional protection against electrical shock in wet or damp areas.
- Wiring: The electrician should ensure that the wiring used for the kitchen remodel is suitable for the intended purpose and complies with electrical codes. The wiring should be sized correctly to handle the power demand of the appliances and lighting, and it should be protected from physical damage, such as by being run through conduit.
- Switch placement: The electrician should determine the best location for the switches to control the lighting and appliances, taking into account factors such as accessibility and ease of use.
- Lighting fixtures: The electrician should choose the appropriate lighting fixtures based on the intended purpose and design of the kitchen, taking into account factors such as brightness, color, temperature, and energy efficiency.
- Electrical outlets: The electrician should install the necessary electrical outlets to support the kitchen appliances and lighting, taking into account factors such as accessibility, location, and electrical load.
- Testing: The electrician should test all electrical work and connections to ensure that everything is operating properly and safely before it is put into service.
Finally, Expert Electric will ensure that the kitchen remodel electrical work is safe, meets electrical codes, and operates reliably and efficiently to meet the needs of the homeowner.