New lighting in your home can be an inexpensive and beautiful addition. Expert Electric can assist with all aspects of your home lighting project.
There are several considerations that Expert Electric takes into account when installing home lighting:
- Electrical code compliance: We will ensure that the installation complies with local and national electrical codes, which establish standards for electrical safety and ensure that the installation meets minimum standards for electrical performance.
- Circuit capacity: We will determine the capacity of the circuit that will be used for the lighting, to ensure that it can handle the total load of all the lights and avoid overloading the circuit.
- Voltage: We will verify that the voltage supplied to the home is compatible with the lights that are being installed, to avoid damage to the lights or electrical shock.
- Wiring: We also will ensure that the wiring used for the lighting installation is suitable for the intended purpose and complies with electrical codes.
- Switch placement: We will work with you to determine the best location for light switches, taking into account factors such as accessibility and ease of use.
- Ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs): If the lighting is being installed in a wet or damp location, such as a bathroom or kitchen, we will install GFCIs to provide additional protection against electrical shock.
- Dimmer switches: If you desire to have dimmer switches for the lights, we will ensure that the switches are compatible with the lights being installed and that the wiring is suitable for dimming.
- Energy efficiency: We will work with you to consider energy-efficient lighting options, such as LED lights, to reduce energy consumption and save on electricity costs.
- Light placement: We will work with you on the placement of the lights, considering factors such as task lighting, accent lighting, and general illumination.
Expert Electric will ensure that the lighting installation is safe, meets electrical codes, and meets your needs and preferences.